We’re vaccinating people as quickly as possible, starting with those in priority groups, and nobody will be forgotten.
If you have a government letter asking you to shield & advising you regarding the Covid vaccine, please do not ring the surgery.
We will contact you & invite you for the vaccine when you are eligible. We are working in a systematic way, we will contact you in the coming weeks.
Please do not clog up the phone lines by ringing about this. We cannot help you at this time. Please be patient.
Please help the NHS by waiting to be contacted. nhs.uk/covidvaccine #COVIDVaccine #WeWillContactYou
Additional suggested hashtags: #NobodyWillBeForgotten #NHS #COVID19
Understandably, we are receiving a large number of phone calls from our patients about when they will receive the vaccination.
In line with national guidance, we are currently inviting the following groups of people for the first dose of their coronavirus vaccination.
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
- All those 80 year of age and over and frontline health and social care workers.
- All those 75 years of age and over.
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
Do not worry if you are in one of the priority groups listed above and haven’t heard from us yet. Unfortunately, in some areas, there are more patient in one group than another, which means waiting times may vary from one GP practice to another.
The vaccine is given in two doses. People will be invited for the second dose of the vaccination around 12 weeks after their first appointment. We will be in touch with the patients who have had their first dose, to book their second appointment nearer the time.
- Please take up the offer of the vaccine when invited.
- While you wait for the invite, please make sure your we have your most up to date contact information.
- Please continue to follow guidance to stop the spread of coronavirus.
Thank you for your patience.
For further information see links below, or more about the the COVID-19 vaccine, visit: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine