We’re vaccinating people as quickly as possible, starting with those in priority groups, and nobody will be forgotten.
If you have a government letter asking you to shield & advising you regarding the Covid vaccine, please do not ring the surgery.
We will contact you & invite you for the vaccine when you are eligible. We are working in a systematic way, we will contact you in the coming weeks.
Please do not clog up the phone lines by ringing about this. We cannot help you at this time. Please be patient.
Please help the NHS by waiting to be contacted. nhs.uk/covidvaccine #COVIDVaccine #WeWillContactYou
Additional suggested hashtags: #NobodyWillBeForgotten #NHS #COVID19
Understandably, we are receiving a large number of phone calls from our patients about when they will receive the vaccination.
In line with national guidance, we are currently inviting the following groups of people for the first dose of their coronavirus vaccination.
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers.
- All those 80 year of age and over and frontline health and social care workers.
- All those 75 years of age and over.
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals
Do not worry if you are in one of the priority groups listed above and haven’t heard from us yet. Unfortunately, in some areas, there are more patient in one group than another, which means waiting times may vary from one GP practice to another.
The vaccine is given in two doses. People will be invited for the second dose of the vaccination around 12 weeks after their first appointment. We will be in touch with the patients who have had their first dose, to book their second appointment nearer the time.
- Please take up the offer of the vaccine when invited.
- While you wait for the invite, please make sure your we have your most up to date contact information.
- Please continue to follow guidance to stop the spread of coronavirus.
Thank you for your patience.
For further information see links below, or more about the the COVID-19 vaccine, visit: www.nhs.uk/covidvaccine
Local Information and Informative Videos, including one interview with Dr Rafaqut Rashid
More Useful Links for Covid-19 Information
Are you over 60? You can wait for the practice to contact you or you can now book you COVID 19 vaccination using this National Booking Service
For more information about the vaccine, please click here to see these
You can also visit www.nhs.uk or download the patient information leaflets on the following topics, which are available on the West Yorkshire & Harrogate Health & Care Partnership website. Including:
- Covid-19 vaccination – a guide for adults
- Covid-19 vaccination – a guide for those currently pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding
- What to expect after your Covid-19 vaccination
- Why do I have to wait for my Covid-19 vaccine?
Our Online Services
Why wait in a telephone queue when you can Book or Cancel an Appointment, Order a Repeat Prescription and even View your Medical Record on line. Click on the links below to Sign in or Register for our online services, OR seek advice through the eConsults link.